Sunday, May 17, 2009

TASK 9 - RSS Feed subscription

Well this was an interesting task. Of the feed web sites mentioned in the 23 things guide Feedster was dead and I found Technorati and Topix.net a bit of a mess to use.

Syndic8.com was fairly straight forward to use even though its an aweful looking web site. I used my Google Reader account to sign up to a feed about building your own PVR see previous post on this topic.

Digg.com seemed a very usable tool for find information on news topics on things like science. However when I went a little further searching for a variety of topics it appeared that most of the feeds were really old. However that being said I did like the limit option to only see posts of interest from the last 30 days.

I will certainly be going back to Digg.com to find other thigns of interest in the future.

Cheers

Librarian Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment