Monday, May 4, 2009

Task 6 - Picasa

Hi Everyone

Picasa is great. I use Picasa at home as a convenient and privat-ish way of sending out link to my photos and video to my relatives overseas.

I also enjoy the presentation the photos in the slide show, the caption creator and the generous storage space.

A downside to the product is that it has annoying picture manager which I prefer not to use.

Exploring the photos on Picasa web and also Flickr makes me think that people in general expose themselves - information and image far too much on the web. I am all for sharing this information with people I know but what is the point of some one from backwater USA putting up photos of their 30th toga birthday party for me to see? Tina's 30th birthday toga party images can be seen here http://picasaweb.google.com/tlayne5714/TinaS30thTogaParty#

I didn't know about the "Where in the world is" game which was quite amusing but in the end fairly stupid as the photos really don't give you much to go on you have to rely on racial stereotypes to make an educated guess.

Cheers

Librarian Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment