Thursday, July 2, 2009

Task 22 - Facebook and Myspace

I have an account with Facebook and use it maybe once or twice a week. It has been very helpful to find friends from uni and high school days. I am not really sure how I can use it to find new friends or network with people in other libraries. I think Facebook could be useful in a work context once I had met another librarian at a conference or training session, this way I could keep in touch.

These social networking sites however are a bit too much like gardening. Once you set up your garden you have to keep maintaining it or it becomes over grown and full of weeds.

A friend of mine has a band that has a myspace account and it seems like a great place with a nice format to advertise the band. Check it LeSuits

Librarian Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment