Hi Everyone
Welcome to the first post about my journey into 23 Things about Web 2.0.
So far the introduction and the lifelong learning presentation have gone well.
Task 1: The introduction was nice and short which is always an advantage when doing workplace training. Handouts were quite informative and got me started with no problems.
Task 2: Interesting presentation and it challenged my thinking regarding how broad the concept of lifelong learning can be. For example developing skills in Yoga and musical instrument playing and other activities, I had always assumed that lifelong learning was more academically focused, going back to uni to get another degree rather than learning things like Yoga. I am glad my notions have been challenged.
I did find the whole learning contract a bit tiresome. Whats the point of having a contract for yourself? If you are going to learn a new skill don't you think the enthusiasm and excitement for learning this would be enough to keep you going without resorting to some artificial means of a paper contract.
Task 3: Blog making. Now that I have made my first blog and writing the first posting to it, I am beginning to understand why people do it. To be able to rant and rave about absolutely anything anonymously feels quite good. The process to sign up was easy as I already had a google account. I look forward to ranting and raving again soon about something else.
Cheers
Librarian Blues
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment